Wall mounted, flexible and comfortable backrests for toilets
When using the toilet and performing some related tasks, the user has to lean backwards and, for some users, this can be difficult. A backrest can help the user lean backwards in safety and comfort to find the right, relaxed posture. A backrest is also useful for a user with limited hip movement or who is prone to hip strain.
Handicare’s range includes wall mounted, flexible and comfortable backrests for toilets in two models:
- for toilets with high level cisterns; two variants with different depth adjustment range for different toilets
- for toilets with built-in cisterns.
All backrests feature a comfortable polyurethane (PUR) foam cushion which is hinged to be able to follow the movements of the user to provide extra support and security. Furthermore, all backrests are depth adjustable to enable selection of the correct distance from the cistern/wall to the user’s back. A handle behind the cushion can be used to adjust the backrest.
Handicare’s backrests are available in coated stainless steel and only available in the colour white. For all models, the cushion is available in neutral anthracite colour only. For complete article numbers, please consult the Order information document which is available as a pdf in the “Documentation” section hereunder.
- Two models for different types of toilets
- Variants feature different depth adjustment ranges for different types of toilets
- The width and height of the backrests are ideally suited to adult users but the backrests are also suitable for smaller users
- Comfortable polyurethane (PUR) cushion
- Hinged to follow the movements of the user to provide optimal support
- Durable stainless steel
- Very easy to install, Wall mounting sets (art. no. LI2807.000-00 and art. no. LI2806.0000-00) are available as accessories
- Backrest LI2701.2004-xx and Backrest LI2703.2004-xx are supplied complete with Insulation set M6 x 4 (LI2860.0000-00), which provides for electrical insulation and covering of fixing points for a stylish look and to make the backrest easy to keep clean
- Insulation set M6 x 4 (LI2860.0000-00) is available as an accessory for Backrest LI2705.2004-xx when not used in combination with a pair of Hinged arm support
- Extremely secure, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 150 kg
- The surface area of the wall flanges ensures that the load is well distributed, but for secure fixing of of backrests LI2701.2004-xx and LI2703.2004-xx to a weaker wall, a special backing plate for mounting from the back of the wall is available as an accessory (art. no. LI0126.5034-02)
- 5 years warranty
Combinations and accessories for indiviually adapted bathroom solutions
Handicare’s range offers a wide choice of safe and comfortable assistive devices and practical accessories; products that can be supplied in several materials and colours and that can be combined in an endless number of ways to provide for increased versatility and usability and for the creation of individually adapted support solutions for different locations and user needs. For example, the backrest for toilets with built-in cisterns (art. no. LI2705.2004-xx) can be used in combination with a pair of Hinged arm support providing side support. For this combination, the backrest is installed using the fixing points of the hinged arm supports’ wall plates.